Saturday, April 30, 2011

Life Plan Devotion #156 [No Greater Love]

John 3:16-18
“For God loved the world so much that He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent His Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through Him. There is no judgment against anyone who believes in Him. But anyone who does not believe in Him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son” [NLT].

Faith says “yes” to God’s loving overtures to each of us. God cared enough to send His own Son, Jesus Christ, to pay for our sins. True faith has nothing to do with our human efforts, social achievements, or material wealth. True faith says to God, “I’m a helpless sinner, in need of a Savior. I trust Your forgiveness, which You freely offer me in Jesus Christ.” This faith delivers those who believe and have asked Jesus to enter their heart from the ultimate consequence of our sins--eternal separation from God.

What this has to do with weight loss: Not only does faith in Jesus Christ give us salvation’s assurance of an eternity in Heaven, but it also empowers us to make changes in the present that will plant the seeds for a new life. As a believer, you have access to all the power of God, to enable you to make good choices, even in the area of eating and exercising. God cares about every detail of your life. He is ready, willing, and able to help you. He loves you and wants you whole, in every way.

Today, know this: If you had been the ONLY person on the face of this earth, Jesus would still have come and died just for you.

2 comments:

  1. At this time I am ready to do my breakfast, when having my breakfast coming again to read further
    news.

    my website - coaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, Anonymous. For some reason, I cannot create & post a new blog entry. I don't know how to fix it.

      Delete

Thank you for reading and responding to my blog.