Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Life Plan Devotion #152 [It's a barrier]

Isaiah 59:1-2 "Surely the arm of the LORD is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear. But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear" (NIV).

Last time, we looked at the first of just a few lessons I have learned in my wilderness wanderings, that even in the wilderness, God provides and guides. Today, let's look at the second lesson I have learned. It is a lesson that is crucial.
Lesson #2 is that sin will stop the flow of God's provision to you. Sin is a problem. It separates you from God, the very One who can provide for your needs as you're in the wilderness.
Sin creates a barrier. God will not look at sin, and He turns a deaf ear to the prayers of those living in unconfessed sin. What sin is worth living without the help of Almighty God?

What this has to do with weight loss: When the weight-loss journey begins to feel like a wilderness wandering, when you have asked God to help you but the answers just don't seem to come, it is helpful to take stock of your life. See if there is unconfessed sin that may be keeping the Lord from blessing your weight-loss journey. If there is, take care of it.

Prayer for Today:
"Heavenly Father, it is good to remind myself that sin is a barrier to Your provision, to Your willingness to intervene in my life. My desire is to keep a clean slate with You, every day. May I be so spiritually sensitive, that the second I even think of sinning, my conscience is pricked. I don't want anything to keep me from a close walk with You. I want to be a person You can bless. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

Go forth today, living a life God can bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and responding to my blog.